Monday, 25 January 2016

Clickbait. Blah Blah Blah......



Hello everyone of the Internet.
I'm probably in the majority but I HATE misleading things. Whether it be thumbnails, articles, pictures or even catfishes on the internet, there's no doubt I would hate these things like they were ads. But you know what I hate more than the above? The people who share the content without even looking what's in store for them. This would usually lead to many dislikes to the people whom you shared it with.  But this got me thinking: Do we need to do something about this? Well of course we do. This is why I'm going to explain what we can do to prevent this problem.
I've seen this ad WAY too many times on the Internet.
Image courtesy of youtube.com

If we're going to be posting something on the internet you need to have a title that is completely related to the information at hand. For an example, if you're going to be talking about dogs (or something like that) don't make the title completely stupid or unrelated the topic. That's the first thing people will look at: The title. Unless people know you're the kind of person who does misleading titles, don't make misleading titles.

Speaking of misleading, make sure your pictures or thumbnail are also related to the information you want to post. Since the beginning of the internet, there has been A LOT of misleading pictures throughout the net. These misleading pictures can either lead into a virus, something completely different and even something inappropriate. People in this generation (Especially people who use Vine) usually use inappropriate and misleading thumbnails for compilations on YouTube. In short, make sure the pictures are related to the topic even though it might not even catch their attention.

And finally, if you're doing a video, have appropriate tags. This is very important since you have to make sure your content is in the right place. If you accidentally typed the wrong tags, it might be somewhere you , and possibly other people, don't want in there.
.
In conclusion, what we should do to prevent these problems is to be very specific on the things we post. Whether it be pictures, titles, tags and even a thumbnail if we want to prevent misleading content that people would immediately share.
Learn how to do math America.......
Also this post will contradict everything what I just mentioned earlier.

No comments:

Post a Comment