Wednesday, 30 March 2016

Bullying. An action that lets you hurt others without consequences.


I have really mixed feelings when it comes to violence in the school. Don't get me wrong, I am fully against violence against the school. But I feel that schools are doing a mediocre job to actually...you know...prevent violence in schools. Sure the school can prevent problems relating to people outside the school with lockdowns, but I don't see schools prevent school violence towards students.

I will name at least a few examples to prevent violence in the school. First of all, teachers need to be WAY more strict towards students who commit violence in the school. I can't imagine how many times a bully would just threaten a student and the only thing the teacher does to punish him is just say "Don't do it again" or blame the person who got bullied since he "Didn't ignore the bully" or "You allowed him to bully you so it's partially your fault". Not only would it actually punish students but it will also encourage students to not actually commit violence due to the severe consequences. Also this would prevent students from actually avoiding punishment due to dumb reasons like "It's just a prank bro". Secondly, teachers actually need to help students by finding ways to make specific students happy. Not only would that increase friendship with others but it will also increase the student's self esteem. This is very important since depression can be a factor for school violence. Lastly, for any students that might look depressed, teachers need to personally talk to the parents of that specific student so they can find easier ways to solve this problem.
Just one fact I found on the internet.
Image courtesy of emaze.com
So far, Mary Ward is shown to do a pretty excellent job to prevent bullying since I have yet to see a bullying situation for the past two years in the school. Sure you can usually see minor teasing between other students occasionally but other than that, there's really not that much bullying in the school. Just like mentioned earlier, Mary Ward doesn't look like a school that experiences a lot of school violence. However, what I think the school can do to prevent violence is do some of there following. First of all, our school really needs to pay attention to surveillance. This is very helpful since it can help track down anyone who bullies others in the hallways. But other than that, I actually find no other way to actually prevent bullying in Mary Ward.

In conclusion, If schools really want to prevent violence in the school, they need to focus on surveillance, talk to some students or even make teachers more strict towards misbehaving students. if schools actually do something like this, there would be no bullying guaranteed.

This is what I mean by terrible surveillance by the way.
This post was brought to you by a witness of bullying. And I'm not the one being bullied. If you know what I mean.

No comments:

Post a Comment